What is an FIBC?
An FIBC is a flexible container, sometimes called a “big bag” or “bulk bag”, with a capacity up to 3 cubic meters, carrying loads from 250kg to 2500kg.
FIBC’s are suitable for any free-flowing material in powder, granular or flake form. They are lifted from above by conventional handling equipment such as forklift trucks and cranes.
They are the most cost-effective packaging and transport unit load system of all, as they require no secondary packaging or pallets.
Why use FIBC’s
• Established: Over a quarter of a billion tons of product is transported in Europe every year in FIBC’s and the market is still fast-growing.
• Versatile: Used for chemicals, minerals, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, agricultural products, fertilizers, plastics, cement and many more.
Advantages of using FIBC's
- Can be manufactured with 30% recycled content in allowing them to be fully UK Plastic Tax Compliant.
- An FIBC can carry up to 1000 times its own weight.
- No pallets needed as each FIBC has integral lifting loops.
- Reusable FIBC’s fold flat to take up minimal space when returned.
- Colour printing turns the FIBC into a mobile advertising board promoting company and brand or displaying vital product and handling information.
- Massive savings in meeting EU Packaging Waste Regulations-no pallets or secondary packaging and lowest packaging weight per tonne shipped.
- Designed for easy recycling when working life is over.
- Customised to suit material, plant and distribution systems.